• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Expanding active space/rectangle bound in Screen Mode>Normal

Community Beginner ,
Aug 31, 2022 Aug 31, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey, this was really hard to pinpoint the key words for, so sorry if this has appeared in the forums before, but it was impossible to find previous help on this specifically.

I have a basic 8.5x11 one-pager for my job to re-format and would like to expand that purple/pink rectangle that seems to be the active space other text boxes snap to, etc. How do I go about this? Thanks in advance.

Screen Shot 2022-08-31 at 3.08.10 PM.png

TOPICS
Feature request , How to , Type

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The pink rectangle represents the document margins set at the time the document is set up, or changed when you go into Layout | Margins & Columns.

You can change margins on a single doc page, on a single parent page, or (what you usually want to do) by selecting both facing parent pages and making changes at the same time.

This is really basic stuff; you might want to spend some time with a few tutorials to learn the basic layout features (and learn the names so you can ask questions! 🙂 )

╟ Word & InDesign to Kindle & EPUB: a Guide to Pro Results (Amazon) ╢

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks! Unfortunately, I have to learn as I go as I don't have time to sit through tutorials, to be honest. It's how I became versed in PhotoShop. Thanks again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, you know you.

But it seems like a ten-minute tutorial on the elements of the layout screen would have both cured the problem, given you a better overall context and probably taken less time than you did trying to figure out how to ask the question (then ask it, then check back...)

But carry on.

╟ Word & InDesign to Kindle & EPUB: a Guide to Pro Results (Amazon) ╢

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

To be honest this all took me less than ten minutes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines