• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Experience of using InDesign within electronic document management system?

New Here ,
Nov 07, 2019 Nov 07, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello

I work for a professional services firm that has switched to an electronic document management system. Unfortunately InDesign doesn't integrate with this (because of the links not being able to map to the source files) and I wondered if anyone had experience of using InDesign at an organisation that uses such a system - did they just save InD files outside the system and everything else within it?

We aren't using the cloud, but is that a potential solution?

Thanks

TOPICS
Sync and storage

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have two large institutional clients that are on integrated content management systems. InDesign isn't designed to coordinate with systems like that. It's a professional graphic design and digital publishing tool, not a routine office software program like word processing. No one should have their fingers in the INDD file unless they are trained in how to use InDesign.

My clients don't keep their INDD files in the CMS systems. 

|    Bevi Chagnon   |  Designer & Technologist for Accessible Documents
|    Classes & Books for Accessible InDesign, PDFs & MS Office |

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you. I suppose I'm really interested in how people manage with documents stored two ways. We currently use a job bag system - all files relating to a job go into that folder. In future, it looks as though I will have to store all compatible documents in the document management system and all CC documents (and links) in a separate area. It just seems like a massive headache for no reward. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines