• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Export Epub from indesign - won't work

Community Beginner ,
Sep 08, 2021 Sep 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could someone help please.. in plain english, what does this mean?

Resource(s) : 1 missingMacintosh HD:Applications:Adobe InDesign 2020:Adobe InDesign 2020.app:Contents:MacOS:_WORKSSD:_THEMZY:Templates:__WORK IN PROGRESS:BOOKS:Antique:EBOOK:antique-css-kit.css

External Text Anchor not found: 1 Text Anchor in "/Users/jacy/Library/Caches/Adobe InDesign/Version 15.0/en_US/InDesign ClipboardScrap1" is missing: 1

I need to make my book into ePub... almost there...  help! 

Jacy

TOPICS
EPUB , Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Sep 09, 2021 Sep 09, 2021

I found 'Calibre' program... my ePub works now!  Thanks Derek... i forgot the 'Validate' part  🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What kind of ePub?

How are you viewing it to get the message?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Apple 'books' store..reflowing text... it's from Adobe template i worked on... 'classic book layout for ePub' by Themzy in Indesign... hope that helps?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is it a Reflowable ePub or a FXL ePub?

Have you validated it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How do I Validate please??

Cheers!

Jacy Arthur
0431936481 – text only

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How do I 'validate' my Epub?  its Reflowable Derek...  thanks for helping me, much appreicatd 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a free validator: http://validator.idpf.org

And this is (an excellent) paid for one - you can get a month’s worth for around $15: https://ebookflightdeck.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hi Derek, 

i just validated my epub but no luck...  it won't open on books on iphone but does on my iMac...?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Producing Reflowable ePubs is not intuative – for example, there's no page size, no folios, all text to have paragraph and  character styles applied, all images need to be anchored, master page content not recognised and so on. A knowledge of HTML and CSS can also be helpful to fine-tune the ePub.

Have you undertaken any training in producing documents in the format? If not LinkedInLearning.com have some useful online video training tutorials (and you can get 30-days free access).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 09, 2021 Sep 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I found 'Calibre' program... my ePub works now!  Thanks Derek... i forgot the 'Validate' part  🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines