I have a file that I update and exported to pdf regularly and successfully. It has worked perfectly until now.
When I export now I get no errors in Indesign. When I open the pdf file in Acrobat I get a number out of range error and some of the formatting is definitely awry (spacing between some characters across the whole document). I have tried different pdf versions to see if that helped - it didn't.
28 pages, minimal graphics, pdf size only 1.1MB. All CC applications are the most recent version.
Push comes to shove, I can go back a version if I must but it's a lot of work to redo.
The “A number is out of range” error occurs when Acrobat finds some problem with the underlying structure of the PDF file. Perhaps there is some corruption in the InDesign document? Perhaps working through this page will help?
Copy link to clipboard
If, as Barb has said, there is some coruption in your InDesign file you might want to try exporting the InDesign file as an IDML and then reopening that file in your current version of InDesign and then making the pdf from that file. Exporting as an IDML in this manner can sometimes remove corruption from the InDesign file which could hopefully clear up the pdf issue.
Thanks, that may be the best option. Nothing in Barb's link sorted out the problem unfortunately.
I'll also try copying each of the updated sections over to work out which is responsible.
It feels as though Adobe should have a checker utility that validates Id documents.
Hi @JapanMike ,
Sorry to hear about the trouble. In addition to the suggestions shared above, I also found this article from Acrobat which might help https://helpx.adobe.com/acrobat/kb/a-number-is-out-of-range-error-viewing-pdf-deleting-pages.html
Let us know if this helps or if you need any further assistance.