• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Export from InDesign to pdf something went wrong

New Here ,
Aug 26, 2021 Aug 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Im using CS6. Trying to export to PDF from In Design.  Getting errors:  "Something went wrong" and "Background Task errors". Only have this problem with a particular file? Please help

TOPICS
Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , Aug 26, 2021 Aug 26, 2021

Hi Steve, Thank you for your prompt response.  I ended up deleting the InDesign preferences and it magically resolved the problem.  I will however keep a record of your advice as have also had trouble in the past with corrupt files.

Thanks Again

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If it only happens with a particular file, it may contain corruption. Try saving as an IDML (File > Save As > InDesign CS4 or later [IDML]. Try opening the IDML back up in InDesign. Then try creating the PDF again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Steve, Thank you for your prompt response.  I ended up deleting the InDesign preferences and it magically resolved the problem.  I will however keep a record of your advice as have also had trouble in the past with corrupt files.

Thanks Again

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm glad restoring your preferences fixed your problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 29, 2021 Aug 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi there,

We're glad to see that your issue is resolved. In addition to the helpful suggestion shared by Steve, you may follow the troubleshooting steps shared on this community thread if you find similar issues in the future. Hope it helps.

Regards,

Ashutosh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines