Export Spreads

Community Beginner ,
May 13, 2019 May 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a gatefold cover with 3 pages. Currently, when I select spreads I can export all pages as 1 single pdf but it is possible to select spreads & export 2 pages out of the 3 pages? For example, pages 2&3 or 1&3 as 1 single PDF

Screen Shot gatefold.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guide ,
May 13, 2019 May 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just tried, and couldn't make it work, but maybe someone else knows of a way.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
May 14, 2019 May 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A spread is a spread. All pages in that spread. 🙂

Workaround:

Export the first two pages of the spread ( not using the spread option ), that would make a PDF with two pages.

Import the two pages to a new InDesign page sized to the format of two pages and export again.

Regards,
Uwe

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Untried, but would it not be easier to temporarily drag one of the pages out of the spread in the Pages panel?

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's exactly the workaround I used but was wondering If I'm trying to do is possible or not

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yep. Note: Always work with PDF/X-4 when doing this workaround so that no transparency is flattened and applied color profiles could be included in the PDF files.

Regards,
Uwe

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
May 15, 2019 May 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In AcrobatPro you can use Print Production>Set Page Boxes and the Cropbox Right margin to the page width. That will crop out the extra page in the "spread"

Screen Shot 18.png

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 08, 2021 Dec 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi There, 

I had the same issue, with a 6 page spread wanting to export as individual pages.
I opened the PDF file in Adobe Acrobat Pro DC, clicked 'organise pages' and then selected 'extract' - this exported all pages as individual files. Hope that helps!

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines