Welcome Dialog

Welcome to the Community!

We have a brand new look! Take a tour with us and explore the latest updates on Adobe Support Community.

Exported PDF from InDesign and colours/shapes all wrong!

New Here ,
Sep 07, 2021 Sep 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

2.png1.png

Hello, 

First of all, I'm still learning/new with this stuff and could really do with advice and help in this area!

I am trying to export a piece of work as A2 and I have had to pick up where someone else has left off (not my original document or work). I finished and then exported it as a print PDF (we want it professionally printed as A2) but the colours and certain elements have gone crazy and I've no idea why. 

I've tried changing the output and researching possible colour reasons?? I have attached a picture of a version that exported all fine before changes and the newest export that went wrong. 

TOPICS
Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try exporting your pdf using the Standard of PDF/X-4. This type of pdf supports InDesign's transparency so your arrows should no longer appear as flattened rectangles.

Screen Shot 2021-09-07 at 8.16.42 AM.png

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Agree with Bill here. It also looks like you used spot colors and transparency along with a flattened PDF. This would be what I would expect if you chose PDF/X-1a as the output. Try turning on overprint preview in Acrobat to test that theory out.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines