Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Exporting 2021 CC Library to 2021 CC Not connect Library - Work around

Community Beginner ,
Apr 14, 2021 Apr 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello- 

I'm in desperate need of a workaround. I have been working remotely for 4 months and have been using the Library for everything, color, logos, text, icons ( you get the idea.) But now I have to move to a system that cannot be connected to the Cloud. 

One major issue right now is, all of my links in my working projects are not embedded into the files yet, as they are still in the development and construction phase. 

The actions I have taken thus far is:

1. Transferred all folders to new system

2. Have Adobe CC 2021 installed, but due to the work environment, CC Libraries is disabled, so I can't import an exported library (tried).

My last solution is bitter to swallow, open all files, or at least the last version, and embed all assets. And lose all my color pallets, Logos, Icons not using in that file. I could get creative, and take all pallets, Icons, Logos and through them into a Master file, and always access it. A hard copy if you will for my library. (Grrr).

OPen to suggestions, and solutions, please.

-Susan 

TOPICS
How to , Import and export , Sync and storage

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you considered transferring all the CC Libraries into an older style File > New > Library? This is a file on your local hard drive or local server and is not stored in the cloud.

Mike Witherell

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, I'm not sure how to do that. Let me see. Man if that works, you may have saved me a tone of stress. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is the popup I got... is this what you had in mind? 

SusanL_0-1618413818978.png

It seems it would still be a CC file. How would I then add to my other system that doesn't use/connect to the cloud?

-Susan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That message is simply selling the newer feature. Just click no and you will have a non-cloud Library, something that dates back to early PageMaker.

Mike Witherell

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did that. How should I move all my Library's stuff to that New Library. I see it wants to add just the page I'm on. (See img). And then I would export that Library and import it onto the other system, how? If there is a link that will walk me through that process that would be great. I then won't bother you any longer. 

SusanL_0-1618414561331.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Interestingly, you can up-convert an old file-based Library to the Cloud-based Library, but the reverse is not true. My *guess* is drag the cloud Library objects to a new blank document, then drag into the older-style Library.

https://helpx.adobe.com/indesign/using/reusing-graphics-text.html

Mike Witherell

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, here's hoping the transfer will work. Testing now. I'll let everyone else know if it worked or not. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

UPDATE: This solution worked. Though it's not a group organized as I like, and I have to replace old CC library assets for the Local Libray Assets, it still beats not losing all that work for the last 4 months. Collaboration and sharing assets is going to sux, but it is what it is. Reverting back to the older process pipeline after working in CC is frustrating, but professionals always adapt. Thank you Mike W. for the support, you are a scholar and a gentleman. 

-Susan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines