• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Exporting a facing page spread to single pages for printing

Explorer ,
Mar 10, 2023 Mar 10, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have my book set up with facing pages. My printer wants to get it in single pages. How do I do this and what problems will I have? I need to include a 1/8  inch bleed and crop marks.  

TOPICS
Print

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Mar 10, 2023 Mar 10, 2023

Export to (say) PDF/X-4, select Pages (not Spreads) and under the Compression tab tick Crop Marks and Use Document Bleed Settings.

Screenshot 2023-03-10 at 14.14.03.png

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How will the final project be bound? In most cases, inside bleed is not required. (exceptions are wire-bound or loose pages).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's a 210 page hard cover book, case bound.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Export to (say) PDF/X-4, select Pages (not Spreads) and under the Compression tab tick Crop Marks and Use Document Bleed Settings.

Screenshot 2023-03-10 at 14.14.03.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 21, 2023 Mar 21, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for all the help. Each answer was helpful and guided me down the correct path. The book is now at the printer, and we are waiting for a proof to check before it is printed. The last reply by Derek Cross was extremely helpful as it was a printout that I could follow. I'll mark that as correct. Thanks again for all the help. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines