Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Exporting InDesign with Videos

New Here ,
Oct 26, 2021 Oct 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I'm trying to figure out the best ways to export a project with videos as an alternative to the Interactive PDF which is basically now dead because of Flash's demise. For reference I'm using CC InDesign 16.4.

I'm looking at making e-magazines/e-newspapers using InDesign with videos (both locally stored and online) and page transitions. Ideally I would like to be able to have the file itself when exported (as you would have normally done with an Interactive PDF).

Here's what I have tried so far:

• I have used the Publish Online feature however videos that were inserted into the design locally did not play when the file was published. The thumbnail was there but nothing played. It did play if I right-clicked on the thumbnail and clicked on Open Video in New Tab. I have also tried to Place a Video from a URL though when I tried this I got this error message: The URL must contain http:// as a prefix and reference mp4 or mov video formats. The URL was taken directly off YouTube. I have tried Object > Insert HTML which worked fine for online videos, however if the videos are locally stored then this would not work apart from upoading them individually to YouTube, which I'd rather not do if possible. Ideally though I'd like to be able to have a copy of the file as oppose to just being published online if possible.

• I have tried exporting as an EPUB though finding an EPUB viewer that works with video has been problematic.

I've been following the steps in this video which is basically what I want to do, though the video is outdated due to the final results being 'Export as an Interactive PDF': How to add videos to an interactive layout in Adobe InDesign - YouTube

Thanks!

• I have
TOPICS
Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 26, 2021 Oct 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you looked into in5? If not, you should.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guru ,
Oct 27, 2021 Oct 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

wornderful ideas, but what you ask from a .pdf does not exist/is available at this time. You should submit a feature request:

https://www.adobe.com/products/wishform.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines