Welcome Dialog

Welcome to the Community!

We have a brand new look! Take a tour with us and explore the latest updates on Adobe Support Community.

Exporting Reflowable Epub - encryption

Participant ,
Sep 01, 2021 Sep 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I am trying to export a reflowable epub from InDesign (CC2019). 

When I upload it onto Draft2Digital's website it warned that it was encrypted. I contacted them and they sent me the following pic of the export options. There is a security tab. When I export the epub that security tab does not appear (see pics below). Oddly enough, few, if any, of the options are shared, so I don't know how he's exporting the file.

How can I export an non-encrypted epub file?

Any help would be appreciated. It has to be reflowable, I don't want a fixed epub.

Thanks.

Mark

Markindesign1.pngindesign.jpg

TOPICS
EPUB, How to, Import and export, Publish online

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

indesign1.pngindesign.jpg

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't think InDesign encrypts Reflowable ePubs.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, here is the message I received after uploading my file.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For what it's worth, the first picture seems to be from the export options for PDF, not the export options for EPUB. 

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That probably explains why the export windows are so different. Thanks for pointing that out. The bigger problem is determining if Adobe is encrypting the reflowable epub on export and if/how I can prevent that from happening.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As I said earlier, InDesign does not encrypt a Reflowable ePub. 

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 02, 2021 Sep 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I had the same thing happen today. Did you figure it out? I have no security tab either. I wonder if this is new. It says it only affect Scribd.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines