• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Exporting to PDF Failure - Background Task Issue

New Here ,
May 31, 2021 May 31, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can no longer export InDesign files to PDF. I keep getting a failure notice saying there is a problem found with a background task. When I look into what the background tasks in InDesign are, the only notification there is that the export failed. I've tried with new and old documents. I'm not sure what to try next in resolving this. 

I've uninstalled version 16.2.1 and went back to 16.0.2 and it made no difference. I'm running MacOS Big Sur version 11.2.3. 

Thanks! 

TOPICS
Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,
May 31, 2021 May 31, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, sorry about that

I don’t have a solution, but maybe if you try to reset the preferences will work, here the instructions:

Restore all preferences and default settings

1. Windows: Start InDesign, and then press Shift+Ctrl+Alt. Click Yes when asked if you want to delete preference files.
  2. Mac OS: While pressing Shift+Option+Command+Control, start InDesign. Click Yes when asked if you want to delete preference files.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 01, 2021 Jun 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi hawkejaa70305018,

recently this happened to me on Windows 10 in one occassion.

The issue was resolved by quitting Acrobat Pro that was running at the same time.

At that time I had no PDFs open with Acrobat Pro.

Before, I had exported a page to PDF from an InDesign document and opened it with Acrobat Pro for preflight. After that I closed the PDF and wanted to overwrite the PDF with a new version of my InDesign page, because I detected an error. That failed with a message of "Background Task Issue".

Regards,
Uwe Laubender

( ACP )

// EDITED

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem. Uninstalling Acrobat Pro and resetting preferences didn´t solve the issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I could solve it in my case with renaming some places jpg-files. They had extrem long filenames.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines