• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Exporting whole multipage doc to Incopy problem

New Here ,
Jul 26, 2022 Jul 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok so theres just 2 of us, I build the Indesign file then my colleague goes in and tweaks the copy on Incopy. 

BUT

We have a total nightmare when it comes to her opening the file and checking out. No matter what we do we cant get it to allow checking out. All the assignments say available on both Indesign and Incopy.

She needs access to the whole document in one open, not just one text box etc. 

So we can both open the ind file on Incopy but cant check out or edit the content.

I then generated an icma and that didnt work either and none of the photos were showing up.

TOPICS
InCopy workflow

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Anomalyseven ,

Thanks for reaching out. Please try the suggestions shared in this similar discussion https://community.adobe.com/t5/indesign-discussions/indesign-and-incopy-workflow/m-p/11512249#M39972... and let us know if this helps or if you need any further assistance.

Regards

Rishabh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Stop using ICMA. It's not necessary and adds another level of complexity. From InDesign use the Edit > InCopy > Export > All Stories command. For the sake of good housekeeping, create a new folder within the project folder and export the stories there. Once done, use InCopy to open the INDD file.

That out of the way, how are you accessing the files? Local network? Dropbox? OneDrive? If you're using a cloud-based service make sure you do not have smart sync or cloud-only features turned on.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks 🙂 Bob so after ive done the Edit > InCopy > Export > All Stories command it has generated a bunch of icml files. 

I now want my copywriter to be able to open up a single file in Incopy and edit the text on the various pages.

She can open up the indesign file but view it only, not check anything out.  The icml files theres loads which arent of any use since we just want one file she can open.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Again, how are you accessing things? Do both of you have full access to all of the files? What does the InCopy user's links panel show? What does their Assignments panel show?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines