• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Exporting with InDesign -- bleed set, and crop marks/doc bleed checked, still getting white border

New Here ,
Dec 07, 2021 Dec 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This has never happened when I've exported in the past, but is happening now: exporting an InDesign document with bleed set in Document Setup, and the final export is creating a white border around the entire document.

What you'll see below is:

- My document setup

- The export settings, and the top right of the document to show the bleed area and the background colour (light blue) filling the full bleed

- The same top right corner as the exported PDF, now with an additional white corner beyond the bleed.

INDD_Doc-Setup.jpgINDD_Bleed-Settings.jpgINDD_Final-Export.jpg

I'm mystified! Any help appreciatd.

TOPICS
Import and export , Performance , Print

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Dec 07, 2021 Dec 07, 2021

The white borser is the part of the page outside the bleed that contains the portion of your crop marks that fall outside the bleed area. It should be there.

In fact, you really should increase the offest amount inthe export dialog so that the crops are offset at east the same amount as the bleed so they fall completely outside the bleed area.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The white borser is the part of the page outside the bleed that contains the portion of your crop marks that fall outside the bleed area. It should be there.

In fact, you really should increase the offest amount inthe export dialog so that the crops are offset at east the same amount as the bleed so they fall completely outside the bleed area.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks, Peter -- it's been a while since I've done this, and I was filling in the bleed from scratch (and taking the default offset), so I guess that's the culprit.

Bleed = 0.125" so offset should also be 0.125"? I have a hard time parsing this in my head.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines