External Text Anchor Not Found

Explorer ,
Apr 26, 2022 Apr 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Who wants to be my hero today?

I am at my wit's end with this. See the screenshot below of the error I'm getting. Does anyone know what this is referring to?

export-warning.jpg

I have a table of contents and in that dialog I have checked "Make text anchor in source paragraph."

I have hyperlinks in the document, but these are all working as expected.

I have no cross references.

When I look at the "Bookmarks" palette, it just lists all my chapters.

What can this message possibly be referring to, and how do I fix it?

Thanks in advance.

TOPICS
EPUB

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 27, 2022 Apr 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi EdwardCPI,

We are sorry for the trouble. We will try our best to investigate the issue. Is it possible for you to share the InDesign package file with us over a private message for testing purposes? If yes, please upload the file to a shared location such as CC or Dropbox and share the URL with me.

Please also share the exact version of InDesign and the operating system.

We will try our best to help.

Thanks,

Harshika

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 27, 2022 Apr 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This problem occurs when you generate a TOC with a script. It has been reported several times since about 2014 but it was never fixed.

I've not seen this happen when the TOC is generated interactively, but you have Adobe's attention here now, maybe something will happen.

P.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines