• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Eyedropper Tool Broken InDesign 2022

Community Beginner ,
Jul 15, 2022 Jul 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The eyedropper tool has completely stopped working within my InDesign 2022 application - not sampling text, not sampling the color. I have been a graphic designer since 2000 focused on layout design within InDesign, so I know how it works and how it's supposed to work, and it's not working. Also, yes I am using the eyedropper tool and not the color sample or measure tool. 

This is not my first rodeo in troubleshooting...I have restarted the program, and restarted my computer - no change. After scouring existing google fixes, I have also double-checked the settings and they are all on. This is a total setback for my day-to-day projects, and working around this issue is just a time suck. The issue just popped up yesterday without any updates to programs, operating systems, or computer. 

Help?!?! Has anyone had this issue or have any suggested fixes to this? 

TOPICS
Bug , Feature request , How to , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Jul 15, 2022 Jul 15, 2022

Well I solved it.... I was working off an old file, like 3 years old file. Once I opened a new document wa-la worked.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And I suppose you have checked for the presence of a big empty frame covering the page, whether local page or master/parent page? And have you looked at locked layers?

Mike Witherell

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Mike for your quick imput... I feel silly really. But I opened an old design file to use the template, and that was the issue right there. An old file, which was not working properly. Once I opened a new file, everything worked again. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 16, 2022 Jul 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Did you double click on the eyedropper to check the eyedropper settings in that old file to see what was checked and unchecked?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well I solved it.... I was working off an old file, like 3 years old file. Once I opened a new document wa-la worked.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines