• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Eyedropper Tool doesn't work

New Here ,
Apr 28, 2022 Apr 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello. I've looked a previous threads and can't find a simple solution for what I see. I am trying to select a color with the eyedrop tool, not trying to style text. 

1) hit 'i' on the keyboard

result: empty eyedrop tool leaning to top right

2) select a color from something in the frame

result: eyedrop tool appears 1/2 full and switches orientation leaning top left, NO COLOR CHANGES IN FILL OR STROKE

EXPECTED: If fill is on top, the fill color will change. If stroke is on top, the stroke color will change. When i do this, nothing changes.

Please help me understand what is going on and how to fix it. Granted, I use Illustrator and Photoshop much more often than i use InDesign, so there may be some quirks, but it seems not to work at all.

* MacOS Monterey v12.0.1

* ID v17.1

* I changed System Prefs to allow screen sampling and restarted ID.

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't remember what the equivalent key is for Mac, but on Windows: hold down the Alt key when clicking the color you want to select from anywhere in your image (and it will either be for your Fill or Stroke, depending on which is on top in your tools.)

I hope this helps!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This doesn't do anything to add color to the Fill or Stroke. The InDesign eyedropper tool has me so perplexed...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines