Welcome Dialog

Welcome to the Community!

We have a brand new look! Take a tour with us and explore the latest updates on Adobe Support Community.

eyedrops tool not work on Mac

New Here ,
Jul 08, 2021 Jul 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hello, i have been having issues with the eyedropper tool on indesign, when i go to use the eye drop tool it would freeze the program, this happens everytime i click the eyedropper on the color menu. 

i have unstall and reinstalled. I rest my preferemces back to default. i am at a lost now on what to do.

indesign ver 16.2.1

mac ver 11.2.3 

i also have had other gliches happen in indesign ex. not see any pages/pages would have a glich look when its not full screen

please let me know the fix 

TOPICS
Bug

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jul 15, 2021 Jul 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you got your mac scanned for potential graphic card problems ?  How much disk space is free on your Mac ? How much RAM on the machine and how many app running when this happens ?

Lots of questions to help us narrow this down for you.

Thanks

Ian

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jul 15, 2021 Jul 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

And how, exactly did you reset your preferences? The keyboard shortcut or deleting/renaming preferences and cache files? If you haven't tried the latter yet, see https://www.rockymountaintraining.com/adobe-indesign-rebuilding-preferences-cache/

~Barb 

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines