Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Failed to export interactive PDF

Community Beginner ,
Jun 16, 2021 Jun 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, 
I'm using InDesign 2021. I'm trying to export an interactive PDF with links to web pages. 

Initially, this worked fine; but a few days ago, whenever I tried exporting, I got this error - 
This document contains links to files/URL(s) that are not accessible InDesign. (screenshot attached.)

I checked all the links, they all work. Moreover, they appear green in the preflight panel, which means they're good to go. 
I then DELETED all the hyperlinks from the document, and STILL, it refuses to export an interactive PDF and repeats the error mentioned above. How can my URLs not be accessible when there are none in the doc...?
I tried saving as IDML and opening, I tried uninstalling and reinstalling InDesign, I cleared everything, nothing works. 

Any help is greatly appreciated,
Thank you!

TOPICS
Bug , Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jun 19, 2021 Jun 19, 2021

(...) and let it sit for more than 5 minutes before starting up again?

By @J E L

Apart from waiting for 5 minutes, a cold start of the computer would be a great try.

How is the disk space situation? I know that some laptops come (again) with restricted disk space.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It also says 'files'

Are all the files there? 

Can you export to a normal PDF and select hyperlinks from there, does that work? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 17, 2021 Jun 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

All the files/images are linked correctly, I didn't change their location; also, I'm not getting a 'missing link' error. 

I tried now exporting to a regular (Print) PDF and it still doesn't work 😨 both with a hyperlink and without, something is making it impossible to export...

Thanks for the reply though! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Noa5C40 Here’s a wild guess: sometimes “links” during an export is referring to interior bookmarks or TOC hyperlinks from imported Word document styles. Another idea: in your paragraph and character style panels, click on “Select All Unused" and if any are highlighted, delete those. Finally, maybe your export settings may have a box checked in the General > Include section that shouldn’t be (if you no longer want interactivity in your PDF).

3sample.jpg4sample.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried deleting all unused styles, there were none unused 😞 
I now tried exporting a regular print PDF, without any hyperlinks, and that doesn't work either. 
I'm afraid this is some problem with my laptop since I sent the Indd file to a colleague and he was able to export an interactive PDF without a problem. 

Is there something I can do besides deleting and reinstalling InDesign? I tried that already. 

Thanks for you reply! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Noa5C40 I wish I’d been more helpful. I’m sorry to hear you are still having trouble but you’ve narrowed it down some and now you know it’s not an issue with your document. Did you try resetting your preferences in InDesign?  Exiting all the way (quit) out of Creative Cloud and signing back in again before launching InDesign? Is this the only document that gives you the hyperlink error? Are you using Windows or Mac? When is the last time you shut your laptop all the way down (not a restart) and let it sit for more than 5 minutes before starting up again? I know you've tried a lot of things already. It is probably something very simple if only we knew!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 19, 2021 Jun 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

(...) and let it sit for more than 5 minutes before starting up again?

By @J E L

Apart from waiting for 5 minutes, a cold start of the computer would be a great try.

How is the disk space situation? I know that some laptops come (again) with restricted disk space.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 24, 2021 Jun 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I think this did the trick, thanks a lot! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines