• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Failed to export the JPEG file: Maximum size exceeded

Nov 13, 2012 Nov 13, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When exporting a page to JPEG you might get the following error message:

"Failed to export the JPEG file: Maximum size exceeded. Try decreasing the resolution."

After some research I believe this maximum size for the resulting JPEG is set to 32767 pixels. This is the maximum value of a signed short.

Anyone can verify if this is correct?

Another similar error message you might get is:

"Failed to export the JPEG file: Not enough memory. Try decreasing the resolution."

I would like to know how this limit is calculated.

Test case:

InDesign document of 2000 mm x 2000 mm

Export JPEG, format method 'BASELINE', dpi 416

-> result preview of 32756 pixels     (2000 mm = 78,740157 inch * 416 dpi = 32756 pixels)

=> preview is exported

Export JPEG, format method 'BASELINE', dpi 417

-> "Failed to export the JPEG file: Maximum size exceeded. Try decreasing the resolution."

=> max size exceeded

Export JPEG, format method 'PROGRESSIVE', dpi 416

-> "Failed to export the JPEG file: Not enough memory. Try decreasing the resolution."

=> Within the max size boundaries, but not within the max memory boundaries. How is this calculated?

Export JPEG, format method 'PROGRESSIVE', dpi 225

-> "Failed to export the JPEG file: Not enough memory. Try decreasing the resolution."

=> Within the max size boundaries, but not within the max memory boundaries. How is this calculated?

Export JPEG, format method 'PROGRESSIVE', dpi 224

=> preview is exported

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 04, 2016 Jan 04, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So this is the only search result I can find on this issue.

Did you ever get this resolved?

I'm running CC14 and seeing this exact same error on .idml templates being rendered and exported from our system.

Trying to figure out how/why this is happening and to see if it can be resolved.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 30, 2021 Aug 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

2021, still a problem. I am not getting my hopes high with the last activity here 5 years ago with no solution.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 30, 2021 Aug 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi @OndÅ™ej5ECF , if your page dimension in inches multiplied by the export resolution exceeds 32,750 pixels export a PDF/X-4 with compression turned off and try opening the PDF page in Photoshop at the desired resolution.

You could also try the export JPEG export Javascript I posted in this link, it doesn’t have the 37,500px limit:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/indesign/indesign-exporting-jpgs-at-72dpi/m-p/11872334#M416805

The direct link to the script:

https://assets.adobe.com/public/ca875a61-546a-416e-6475-ab3f3c29c717

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines