• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Feature request: colour and styles management

Community Beginner ,
May 03, 2021 May 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hy friends, I have a project that would benefit greatly for a feature I have in mind.

If there's a workaround, I'd like to hear that too.

Here's what would make my life easier:

I have a catalogue of products, with an index, brand presentation pages and product pages.

All products are inserted into tables, with different width lines to separate the infos and prices.

Until here it's all jolly.

But... Every brand has its own colour, that reflects in the title background shading, the lines of the table and the name of the products.

First, there's the problem of setting a paragraph style without a defined colour: I have around 20 brands, each with 20 different colours. In each page I have need of at least three different paragraph styles. I sure as hell don't want to have 20 (that would go up to 60) different paragraph styles when the sole variable is the colour.

Secondly, I don't want to have to change all of the table lines' colours, it's too long and too unefficient a process.

What I'd like instead is to define a dynamic swatch/colour that would change when I tell it to. I'm thinking like a list of colours corresponding to pages numbers.

So for example, if page 3 corresponds to the colour green, every element in page 3 that has this dynamic swatch assigned would turn into green.

Is there a way to make this happen already?

Is there anyone else that would benefit from it?

I attached a screenshot of one of the tables, prices are blurred cause I can't disclose them without asking for permission.

Thanks everyone!

EL

TOPICS
Feature request , How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 03, 2021 May 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't see different colors in the screen shot so I don't understand where they need to change...

I suspect, though, that what you really want is a script to step through your tables and set the colors based on product name.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 11, 2021 May 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Peter, sorry for the late reply.

Here's a screenshot of two pages so that you can have a deeper insight.

Surely it could be done with a script as you say, it already would ease my pain by a fair amount.

However, that doesn't seem to have the flexibility I'm looking for... 

Thanks for helping out!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines