• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

File cannot be opened. The file format is not supported by Adobe Indesing...

New Here ,
Apr 27, 2023 Apr 27, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

It has happened to me several times now that files I created in indesign can no longer be opened (in the same version, same mac):

The xxx.indd file cannot be opened. The file format is not supported by Adobe Indesing, an additional module required for support is missing, or the file is already open in another application.

(The File is not open, nor did I change the settings). 

It doesn't matter if there was a crash of InDesign before or I just try to reopen a file. Also, whether the data is in the cloud or locally does not seem to make a difference. I have not yet been able to restore the data. 
The version is 18.1. Is there a way to reactivate the data? It would be very annoying if this happens with a larger document.

Thanks for any suggestions

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)

TOPICS
Bug , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 27, 2023 Apr 27, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 02, 2023 May 02, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your suggestion. Unfortunataly it's not the solution, I'm still not able to open the files.

The correct Version of ID is selected in the Open with command and deactivating the preview in Mac Finder has no effect either.

Thanks for any other ideas.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
May 02, 2023 May 02, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Installiere dir mal die aktuelle Version von ID! Wir sind bei 18.2.1

Hast du kein aktuelles Backup dieser Datei?

Was passiert wenn du diese Datei in .idml umbenennst? Lässt sie sich dann öffnen?

Vielleicht mal testweise auch einen neuen Benutzer erstellen und dort die Datei in ID öffnen?

Sind in dieser Datei eventuell plug-ins oder Zusatzmodule verwendet oder installiert worden, die jetzt nicht mehr laufen? 

Hast du schon versucht eventuell ID aus der CC zu deinstallieren und erneut zu installieren?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 04, 2023 May 04, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hallo und danke für die zahlreichen Ansätze, leider lassen sich die betroffenen Daten damit nicht wieder herstellen.

Habe zwischenzeitlich auch den ID Cache zurückgesetzt, Recovery-File und letzte Dateien gelöscht, leider auch nicht die Lösung.

Da ich die Dateien geschlossen und teils nur wenige Minuten später wieder geöffnet habe, gehe ich nicht davon aus, dass sich zwischenzeitlich was an Plug-Ins oder Zusatzmodulen verändert hat. Zumal es ja auch Vorversionen der Datei und andere Dateien aus dem gleichen Zeitraum gibt, die ich problemlos öffnen kann.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unter einem neuen Benutzer versucht?

Indesign neu installieren eventuell?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Ja, beides versucht, kein Erfolg.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think we've seen quite a few similar reports lately. Some, I believe, are realted to cloud storage and synchronizing. Will the file open if you copy it to your desktop?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Peter,

thanks, that was my first guess too. But no, copying to the local drive didn't work either.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines