• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

File corruption: InDesign crashes while opening a specific file on Windows 10 machine

Explorer ,
May 06, 2021 May 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm trying to open a document I created earlier this week, and every time I try to open it, InDesign crashes. I've tried opening it in the newest version of InDesign as well as older ones. Is there any way to fix this file?

{Renamed by MOD}

TOPICS
Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"Is there any way to fix this file?"

Don't think so. The document could be damaged beyond repair.

Do you have a backup of a previous version? I'd work on with that.

If you like, make the document available to us for testing.

Put it on Dropbox or a similar service and share the download link.

Regards,
Uwe Laubender

( ACP )

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for any help! Here's a link to download the file: https://we.tl/t-hO5tkt66hQ

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 07, 2021 Jun 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The file expired so I couldn't try this

http://kasyan.ho.ua/indesign/all/blind_open_and_idml-export.html

There's a trouble shoot guide here https://helpx.adobe.com/indesign/kb/troubleshoot-file-issues.html

And at the end there's an email address if you can't get it working.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

downloaded your document and tried to open it as copy. A message came up stating there are missing links. Pressed button OK of that message. Then InDesign crashed immediately. Tested with: InDesign 2021 version 16.2.1.100 on Windows 10. Sent an error report to Adobe stating this thread and an URL to the damaged file you provided by WeTransfer.

( So, do not take it off WeTransfer! )

Sorry. That's no good news for you.

Regards,
Uwe Laubender

( ACP )

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 07, 2021 Jun 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Sorry to hear about this trouble. I am hopeful that the issue is fixed by now. If not, please email your file to idfile@adobe.com & we will take a look at the file.  There are multiple factors that can lead to file corruption, however, we can take a look and see if the file can be repaired.   

If the file is larger than 10 Mb, you can upload to Creative Cloud account ( https://helpx.adobe.com/in/creative-cloud/help/share.html ) and send us the document link. 

I must also inform you that file recovery can't be guaranteed with a 100% success. We'll surely try our best. 

Regards,

Srishti

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines