• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

File corruptions occurring after Indesign file is packaged, saved to a server, worked on

New Here ,
Apr 11, 2022 Apr 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, knowledge base! 

Our team is experiencing recurring image corruptions either just before, at or just after the proofing stage in our workflow.  

• Our designer creates the file locally, packages the file and places it onto the server. I then make text changes on the server from where the files are retrieved. 
  • The artist actions the requested changes and attempts to prepare a PDF, which in recent months repeatedly fails until the corrupted image files are replaced.
  • Unfortunately, Indesign doesn't advise where the corruptions are occurring, leaving our designer to find them by individually exporting each page to PDF. 

Has anyone experienced/resolved a similar issue? The issue first surfaced in December last year. We're currently on Mac OS2 Monterey, Adobe 2022 V17.2

TOPICS
Bug , Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've not seen this before.

But you could try embedding the images in the InDesign file - that would negate having to package the images in the file.

You can then open it and make text edits.

The designer might want to unembed all the images to the links folder on the server.

Or not.

It wouldn't make much difference.

People here will tell you not to embed.

But I have a workflow on a global scale for 100000's of artwork where all images are embedded and there's never an issue.

Hope it  helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, Eugene 

Will keep that mind. The file is quite big and pic-heavy as it is but it might do the trick if I drag it from the server.

I'll chat with the designer who works on the file to see what she thinks. 

Rachael 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Of course - if the image needs to be amended - you'll need to unembed the image - make the change and then update the link and re-embed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines