• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

File names' text is all jumbled up in Recent

Contributor ,
Aug 25, 2022 Aug 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What's going on here with the file names' text in Recent?

I've only had CC for 2 days and already it's seeming quite glitchy. Not as smooth as I had hoped...

Screenshot 2022-08-25 at 16.50.14.png

TOPICS
Bug , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you at latest patch? Have you tried turning off GPU? Have you tried resetting preferences?

https://community.adobe.com/t5/indesign-discussions/reset-indesign-preferences-and-other-troubleshoo...

Mike Witherell

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Aug 26, 2022 Aug 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I assume it's the latest since I have only had CC for 3 days now, and haven't touched any settings/preferences.
If I switch between list view and icon view, the text sorts itself out. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, 

Sorry to hear about the trouble. In addition to the suggestions shared above, you can also try the steps shared here https://community.adobe.com/t5/indesign-discussions/indesign-recent-files-on-home-screen-text-all-ju... and let us know if this helps or if you need any further assistance.

Regards

Rishabh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Aug 28, 2022 Aug 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Even the thumbnails are jumbled now. This is extremely bad and disappointing for the latest software, which I've only just installed, to already be having such glitches.

jumble.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This has been happening to me for the last 3 (at least) versions of ID. There are other threads that give a solution. This works for a couple days and then it's back. Not sure if it's associated with Extensis Suitcase or not. That program does not play nice with ID.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Seems like a font issue.

Do you have any font management software? try turning off all non essential fonts -- if the issue goes away, there is something wrong with a font -- then you get to try to figure out which font is the issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Aug 27, 2022 Aug 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Many thanks for the reply.
Only iMac's in-built Font Book. This iMac was only set up a few days ago, installed the latest OS, and CC - and I've only installed about 5 fonts of my own. 

This shouldn't really be happening... especially on something so basic. I dread to think how CC will behave once I really get to work using it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines