• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

files becoming corrupted since upgrade to CC2021

Explorer ,
Jun 10, 2021 Jun 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hi -- I am a professional book designer and have been using InDesign every workday for the past 18 years or so. In all that time, I think I have had 1 or 2 instances of files becoming corrupted. Until now. Since upgrade to CC2021 (I am currently using 16.2.1) I have had slow, lagging, and odd-behaving InDesign. I endure it. However, in the past 2 weeks I have had 2 files become so corrupted that they crashed my entire computer--over and over--until I figured out the problem and stopped opening those files. Saving them as IDMLs did not solve the issue.

- Is this happening to anyone else?

- The workaround I have figured out is to create a new file of same size and "duplicate" all the pages into the new file. This should not be necessary but seems to work. As you can imagine it is upsetting and nerve-racking when I am moving 300+ page books with many, many styles and elements. 

- Adobe claims they are "here to help" but the email listed (https://helpx.adobe.com/indesign/kb/troubleshoot-file-issues.html#need_help) bounces back. I have tried emailing with and without an attachment. 

This is very frustrating and upsetting Adobe. I would like to send my two corrupted files to someone for them to take a look at it and, I hope, resolve this issue. If it becomes a regular thing I am going to loose my mind.

Debbie

TOPICS
Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What computer and OS version are you using? There could be compatibility issues.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'm on a 2015 iMac running Big Sur 11.4

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines