• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Files created in Indesign 2022 won't open in Indesign 2023

New Here ,
Nov 03, 2022 Nov 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Error message saying 'cannot open file as Adobe Indesign may not support the file format, a plug in that supports the file fomat may be missing or file may be open in another application' 

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Where are the files stored? If they're in a Dropbox/OneDrive folder be sure that the files are fully sync'ed and that no smart sync features are enabled.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do these same file from the exactly same location using the exact same open process open with CC2022? Can you share one such corrupted document, so that someone here can try opening it on their computer?

-Manan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 05, 2022 Nov 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the same alarming problem with files I worked on just a few days ago. After an hour restarting, quitting and reopening, a wondering what do I do now, I remembered that, as with Photoshop, InDesign will not open/download from the cloud directly (or at least for me), so I need to find the version of the file on my desktop, tap the clould icon, let it completely download and then open. I just click on the actual file, but you should be able now open from in the InDesign app.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 06, 2022 Nov 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What platform - PC or Mac?

What OS version? 

Where are your files located - local drive, network, cloud?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 30, 2022 Nov 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello - were you able to resolve your issue?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 02, 2022 Dec 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have this issue. PC with Windows 10 Pro. I updated both desktops in our office. Files are stored on Computer 1 and open fine on that computer. The drive is mapped on Computer 2 and I cannot even see the 2022 files in file explorer. I was able to make an .idml file and that showed and opened but I won't be able to do that for all my files.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines