Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Fillable PDF's & Triggers - InDesign CC 2018

New Here ,
Oct 22, 2021 Oct 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi There,

I am using InDesign CC 2018 (Windows 10 computer). I would like know would it be possible to create a fillable PDF with triggers?

For example, if a user selects an option on a dropdown, radio button, etc, then that specific selection will have its own options available; almost like a Show/Hide effect on certain radio buttons etc.

Thank you in advance 🙂

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That can be done in Acrobat.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you - I have DC Pro so I will play around and see what I can manage 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 26, 2021 Oct 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi!

Will you be so kind to direct me to the relevant resources? I tried searching for some resources, but none seemed relevant. Also, where would be a good place to start in Acrobat with what I want to do?

Thank you so much in advance 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Anisha, have a look at the form linked below. In particular, see how the radio buttons in the Button Configuration section affect the options available in the Keypad Engraving section.

https://www.lutron.com/TechnicalDocumentLibrary/Architectural_seeTouch_QS_revA.pdf

Explaining everything about how this form works would get pretty lengthy, but if you're interested, I can send you an unlocked copy that you can open in Acrobat DC and spend some time "reverse engineering" in form-edit mode to discover its underlying mechanisms, which are mostly hidden fields executing small chunks of Javascript that work in combination with the standard behaviors of the visible fields.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi John,

Thank you so much - an unlocked copy would be great. Luckily, I have an understanding in Javascript AND I love learning new skills, so reverse engineering of this form wouldn't be a problem 🙂

THANK YOU ONCE AGAIN!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ah good. Sent you a PM.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
People's Champ ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Can it be done in InDesign? Not natively, but with my (not free, except for short forms) add-on it can: https://www.id-extras.com/products/formmaker/

(internally, even FormMaker relies on Acrobat to implement the functionality, but it's still much (much) more convenient to be able to add all the Acrobat scripts and actions in InDesign than having to do it in Acrobat).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines