• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

fillable text fields and their disappearing borders

Community Beginner ,
Nov 21, 2022 Nov 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm creating a document that will need to be both printed AND published as an interactive (fillable) PDF. The borders around my interactive text fields aren't visible after export to PDF (print or interactive). Am I doing something wrong? 

Setting aside concerns about image resolution (this document has very few imagesI want to have one InDesign doc that I can export both for print and digital use.

TOPICS
Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Nov 21, 2022 Nov 21, 2022

Wait - I figured it out. I forgot to include interactive elements when exporting for print!

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The answer to your question is yes, but since we have no idea what you've done, there is no way to know what to change.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I added a .5 pt border around an interactive text field, embedded it in the document's larger text box, and exported to both print and interactive PDFs. The border around the text field disappears in the printable PDF; in the interactive version it is only half visible. 

If I increase the border to 1 pt, it is more clearly visible in the interactive PDF, but still disappears in the printable version. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Danielle:

Sharing screen shots and details on your workflow will help us help you. In the meantime, if you define a stroke around a text field in InDesign, it will be visible when you export to PDF and view it in Adobe Acrobat or the free Adobe Reader.

~Barb

2022-11-21_10-35-46.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks - here are two screenshots - one of the InDesign workspace, and one of the printable PDF, showing the blank space where the interactive text field was placed, and below it a defined area where I had placed a single-cell table.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Wait - I figured it out. I forgot to include interactive elements when exporting for print!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines