Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Find change list how to reference style folders

Explorer ,
Jan 14, 2022 Jan 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all, 

trying to build a list of changes (swapping paragraph styles around) using the find by change list script. 

I've used this script to record the find/change but can't get the folder reference to work and the guide isn't exactly clear on how to add it to the code. 

So far i've got this and have tried variations with " " and without

grep {, findWhat:".", appliedParagraphStyle:var parStyle = app.activeDocument.paragraphStyleGroups.item(“1 Lesson Review Spread”).paragraphStyles.item(“1.1 Lesson Title”);} {, changeTo:"$0", appliedParagraphStyle:var parStyle = app.activeDocument.paragraphStyleGroups.item(“1 Lesson Review Spread”).paragraphStyles.item(“1.1 Lesson Title”);} {includeLockedStoriesForFind:false, includeLockedLayersForFind:false, includeHiddenLayers:true, includeMasterPages:true, includeFootnotes:true, kanaSensitive:true, widthSensitive:true, searchBackwards:false} //Comment

Any help with the referencing would be appreciated.

TOPICS
How to , Scripting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 14, 2022 Jan 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi @Davelikesbagels_twig,

Please see this thread where I gave an example of how to do this

https://community.adobe.com/t5/indesign-discussions/findchangebylist-apply-a-paragraph-tag-that-resi...

P.S.:- The code you might have seen before on this thread would not be working as it seems to have been corrupted during forum migration. I have added the fix in the post so hopefully it should work now

-Manan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines