• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Find color tint range not working in InDesign 2023

Participant ,
Dec 01, 2022 Dec 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I never used this feature before but needed it now to change a batch of files. Looks like it's broken. Basically the field for tint range is ignored when searching.

I've deleted InDesign preferences and cache. I'm using InDesign 2023 on a Macbook Pro M1 with latest MacOS. I also tried InDesign 2023 on an iMac 2015 with previous MacOS.

When it didn't work with my documents I made a new test document and could see the same problem. I add 4 frames with black color fill and then change 3 of them to different tint values. When I search for a tint range and replace all 4 frames are changed.

Here's an older thread

TOPICS
Bug

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Pinned Reply

Adobe Employee , Dec 02, 2022 Dec 02, 2022

Hi @Atapp,

Thank you for reaching out and reporting the issue. We are able to reproduce the issue with the Swedish Language. We've logged a bug for this issue so that our team can investigate the cause of it.

We'll share the updates with you as soon as I hear back from them.

Thank you, @Steve Werner, for sharing this issue with me, and thank you for your help on this post. We really appreciate your presence in the community.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think you should provide more information about your issue. Are you working with the Find this Color feature on the Swatches panel menu? Please provide an example of what you're expecting the feature to do for you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Find color in the Swatches panel or Command F for Find and click the color tab. It's the same thing. I don't know of any other way to find a tint range. It's shown here:

https://helpx.adobe.com/indesign/using/find-change.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK, so give us an example of what's NOT working for you. You're not explaining your problem so we can help you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don’t follow... the problem is described in the third parapgraph?

Find a tint range finds all frames regardless of tint.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That seems right to me.

I set up the four tints of black. I want to change the colors in the tint range (0 - 100) to Red:

Screen Shot 2022-12-01 at 5.23.02 AM.png

Here's the result. It's what I expect. What are you expecting?

Screen Shot 2022-12-01 at 5.23.27 AM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tint range (0-100) is the same as finding all frames.

Try tint range 10-50% to target a selection.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I created black and 4 tints - 80, 60, 40, 20. Replace with Red. I'm searching for Tint Range 0 - 50 (I'm expecting two matches.)

Screen Shot 2022-12-01 at 5.39.28 AM.png

It works:

Screen Shot 2022-12-01 at 5.39.45 AM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same test here and all 5 change. And I've reset prefs and cache as I mentioned. I’m using the Swedish version btw.

Klipp 1.jpg

Klipp 2.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Interesting problem! I'm using US English. Gotta think on that!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks.

As I mentioned I also saw this with my old iMac but didn't reset prefs there. 

I also found this person asking the same question 7 months ago on Reddit but no answers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oops... I looked at the history for that user on Reddit and he is also Swedish...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Interesting that language could apparently play a part in something related to color!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not sure what your role is here. Can you test this in other languages? Where do I report a bug?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm a teacher who is an Adobe Community Expert, I'm not an engineer or Adobe employee,

I can contact an Adobe employee I have worked with. I'm going to send her a link to this discussion. She can probably get an engineer to do some testing. Let's see what happens.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Great, thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I sent a private message to her. She or an engineer may contact you.

Steve

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 02, 2022 Dec 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Atapp,

Thank you for reaching out and reporting the issue. We are able to reproduce the issue with the Swedish Language. We've logged a bug for this issue so that our team can investigate the cause of it.

We'll share the updates with you as soon as I hear back from them.

Thank you, @Steve Werner, for sharing this issue with me, and thank you for your help on this post. We really appreciate your presence in the community.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Dec 02, 2022 Dec 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, Harsika and Steve.

@HARSHIKA_VERMA There are some really old errors in the Swedish translation. I've reported them like 10 years ago but nothing changes. Are there any change I could show them to you?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 17, 2023 Jan 17, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @HARSHIKA_VERMA ,

I see the same bug with my German version of InDesign.

Just tested with InDesign version 18.1 on Windows 10.

BUG FindChangeColor-Range-0to50.PNG

Regards,
Uwe Laubender
( Adobe Community Expert )

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Laubender,

Thanks for testing the issue and reporting that it's happening in the German locale as well. I will update the bug with the same information.

Thank you for your contribution to our InDesign Community. We really appreciate your presence. 😊

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

While we are at it, @HARSHIKA_VERMA , there is also a bug with the input field for the Tint Range.

I'll get a warning message that the range must be between 0.0 % and 100.0 % :

TintRange-Message-FindChangeColor.PNG

What is wrong what I'm doing here?

My guess is that a blank is missing between the number and the percentage character.

But no, I'll get the same message when I add a blank to the input like that:

TintRange-Message-2-FindChangeColor.PNG

Well, now I get it. I must NOT change just portions of the input field entry, but I must clear it all and type something new. Like "0-100" (without quotes). Bad user experience…

Regards,
Uwe Laubender
( Adobe Community Expert )

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I struggled with that too. It's clearly not behaving as other inputs.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines