• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

find/replace diacritic positioning

Community Beginner ,
Mar 18, 2022 Mar 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a text in Hebrew, where the diacritics are in the wrong order (there are two diacritic marks per letter in some cases, and they are switched, so the positioning is wrong). I tried to do a find/replace. It located the instances, but did not seem to be able to replace them with the correct diacritic order which I had pasted into the replace box. Any tips? I already turned off the "ingore diacritics" and "ignore kashidas" boxes.

Thanks!

TOPICS
Type

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can I ask you to post a sample? Have you tried it in another font? Usually, that kind of thing is handled within an OpenType font by "mark-to-mark positioning" which means that I suspect you won't be able to correct the rendering of niqqud by the order in which they were keyed. The positioning of such marks is usually part of the font. It is maybe manipulable from an OpenType menu, or perhaps the insertion of a few Unicode control characters can force it to render as you expect, but I personally wouldn't know until I tried.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also can we assume that you've turned the World-Ready Composer on? 

JoelCherney_1-1647635982894.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you very much! You were totally correct. It was an issue with the diacritic positioning. Such a quick fix! Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines