• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Find unused styles across documents?

Advocate ,
Jun 04, 2021 Jun 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

[disregard, I think I found the answer - searching "Documents". Not sure how to delete a post...

So the question is: Is there an efficient way to search for unused styles (or unused anything...) across all open documents?

Previous question...
Hi everyone,

Just wondering if there's a way to efficiently search styles across all documents within a Book.

I have a few Book files (most, actually) where not all styles are used in all ID docs contained in the Books, and would like to screen out all unused - but for all ID docs within the Book.

Obviously would like to avoide separately (manually) opening and searching all individually.

Do you have other ways to manage this?

thanks!

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 09, 2021 Jun 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi turner111,

how did you solve this?

Why do you think your solution is not efficient?

Regards,
Uwe Laubender

( ACP )

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Jun 09, 2021 Jun 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Uwe,

In Find/Change, here is an option in the search for "All Documents", which I used.

However, it would be very helpful if there was a way to use the same dialog to search for unused styles the same way in the same dialog, so that we don't have to search for unused via the various style palettes.

I realize there may be a way to do this via GREP, but I don't know how to use GREP, and would think it shouldn't be required for a search that's otherwise a push of a button 🙂

thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines