• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Fit Spread in Window doesn't 'stick'

Explorer ,
May 22, 2023 May 22, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When working on a multiple spread documents i like use the 'Fit Spread in Window' view mode, to have good overview of the spread i'm working on.

But whenever i shift some text to the next page (Paragraph return or Page Break) the 'Fit Spread in Window' view is canceled and bottom part of the previous and top part of the next spread is shown.

A similar thing happens when changing 'Fit Spread in Window' to 'Actual Size' when the text tool is active and the cursor is positioned in a text frame. The view then focuses on the place where the cursor is positioned an centers this spot, thus only showing part of the spread.

Is there a way to keep Indesign in the 'Fit Spread in Window' view no matter what action is being performed?

I hope my explanation is clear enough, I'll add a couple of screendumps:

1. initial 'Fit Spread in Window' view

2. view after the text 'XIM DIT ERUS EATEM' is being send to next page: parts of the 2 spreads visible.

3. desired view: the next complete spread (or the previous complete spread would also be fine)

4. initial 'Fit Spread in Window' view with text 'doluptati' selected

5. after changing view mode from  'Fit Spread in Window' to 'Actual Size'

6. desired view: Actual Size but centered in the Window.

TOPICS
Performance , Print , Type

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , May 22, 2023 May 22, 2023

There is a third-party plug-in available called "Allways Fit Spread" that will do what you're looking for. I've never used it and can't personally vouch for it but you may want to check it out at https://www.id-extras.com/products/always-fit-spread/.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
May 22, 2023 May 22, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is a third-party plug-in available called "Allways Fit Spread" that will do what you're looking for. I've never used it and can't personally vouch for it but you may want to check it out at https://www.id-extras.com/products/always-fit-spread/.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 23, 2023 May 23, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Bill, I installed a demo of the plug-in and it seems to work! Also prevents Indesign from jumping around over pages when doing Find/Replace. Great, thanks very much for the tip! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines