Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Flickering cursor in InDesign

New Here ,
Oct 28, 2020 Oct 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi.

I am using InDesign 16.0 on macOS Catalina 10.15.7.

When I use InDesign, my cursor flickers. It doesn't happen with Photoshop or Illustrator.

I already tried resetting the preferences, but nothing changed.

Thank you for you help.

Eleonora

TOPICS
Bug , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 28, 2020 Oct 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have exactly the same setup as you and don't experience that. Can you be more specific about when your cursor flickers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 02, 2023 Mar 02, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please see the other comments, maybe you can re-create the issue while having documents open in Photoshop, which is definitely the cause for at least 3 of us.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 23, 2021 Jun 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I habe the same problem:

If there is one document open in psd, the cursor flickers in different other programs – it changes its form from the tool to the normal MAC cursor very quickly. This problem occurs ind indd, illustrator, safari, mail eg. when i close all doks in psd the problem is gone. BUT: I´m workin parallel with all programs, interactive, so i cant always close documents to erase this problem.

Please Adobe fix this problem – in my opinion the problem is bases partially to the tool settings in PSD!

iMac (Retina 5K, 27", 2020) 3,6 GHz 10-Core Intel Core i9, Catalina, Adobe CC latest, AMD Radeon Pro 5700 XT 16 GB

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 08, 2022 Jul 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks @moellerart  I have been suffering from that flickering cursor forever – I think you have figured it out: Closing all PS documents 'solves' it — not a real solution though. Your post is a already a year old but unfortunatly Adobe still has not fixed the issue. Maybe next year. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 02, 2023 Mar 02, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Confirmed! Cursor flickers horribly in InDesign when moving, especially when moving over objects that make the cursor change to something else. Closing all open documents in Photoshop (but with Photoshop still running) completely fixes the issue.

Definitely not a proper fix, but nice to have the issue narrowed down this much! @wrensauer could you please get this to the relevant team for a fix?

Desktop Mac, CPU i7700K, GPU Radeon RX 6600 XT, macOS Monterey 12.6.3, 64 GB RAM.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 26, 2024 Mar 26, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mine is especially prevalent when I am in an indesign table and trying to adjust the column size. Drives me crazy!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 27, 2024 Mar 27, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi,

Sorry to hear about the trouble. Can you confirm the version of InDesign & OS and if this is happening on a specific file or multiple files?

Thanks

Rishabh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines