Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Flowing all objects

Participant ,
Jan 28, 2021 Jan 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I am probably missing an obvious way to do this, but I can't figure it out.

I'm creating a very tall 6" x 55" document for a comic piece. The text will alternate with images. As I build the comic, I often resize images and add and subtract text. Here's what the final result looks like: https://medium.com/muddyum/the-lives-of-the-graced-and-lucky-2283248c1647?sk=a7c114ed80b0e5216fa928b...

I'd like to set up the file so everything under the part I edit will automatically flow up or down as needed. Make sense? I'd like it to work somehwat like a blog or Medium post. I can go into the example linked above and add text, or another image,  and everything under that point will automatcially flow down without myy having to manually drag

I've tried anchoring, but that creates all kinds of odd results I can't begin to understand. I also don't think a text frame can be anchored to the image object above it. I've tried putting all the text in one frame, and dropping in image frames and using wrap, but this only moves the one image, and not all the others below it. I've tried combining the two, but it quickly gets complicated and bizarre. 

If there is a way to create a wrap-like effect for any oject in relation to other objects, this would do the trick, but I don't think that is an option. 

Any thoughts? 

Thanks!!

David

TOPICS
Type

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jan 28, 2021 Jan 28, 2021

Anchoring images between paragraphs should work. 

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Jan 28, 2021 Jan 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Anchoring images between paragraphs should work. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jan 30, 2021 Jan 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks, JM. I appreciate the reply. I played around till I thinkI have it. Selecting inline from the anchor options seemed to do the trick.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines