• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Font I downloaded not showing up in indesign

Community Beginner ,
Nov 29, 2021 Nov 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I downloaded a font my school provided me for an assignment, its a fontfile of univers and I click install, it shows on my pc that this font is active, but when I go to indesign it doesnt show up anywhere in the fonts. I asked my teacher and she said it shouldve worked, and adobe wont help as its not an adobe font. Any ideas?

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 29, 2021 Nov 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Without getting into the legality of sharing fonts in such a matter, what is your system and what format was the font you were given (e.g. TrueType .ttf, OpenType .otf, etc). Sometimes you need to restart your program (and possibly your system) so fonts are recognized after being installed. Does it show in other programs on your PC, but not InDesign?

Since Univers is a licensed font from Linotype, if you have been given something called "Univers" it may be a counterfeit/cheap knockoff and may not behave properly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 30, 2021 Nov 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To reiterate what Brad @ Roaring Mouse alrady asked: What is the format – type 1, ttf, otf, …? 

edit: 

https://helpx.adobe.com/fonts/kb/postscript-type-1-fonts-end-of-support.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 30, 2021 Nov 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Alana,

how exactly did you install the font file in your Windows system?

It should be listed in:

C:\WINDOWS\Fonts\

To work around the issue put your font files in the Fonts directory of your InDesign's Application directory; that's the one you can see in your Adobe InDesign 2022 application directory if you are using InDesign 2022.

FWIW: Install the font for All Users.

Regards,
Uwe Laubender

( ACP )

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines