• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Font in image is blurred after rotating

New Here ,
May 17, 2021 May 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As soon as I insert an image in InDesign (exported from InDesign before as PNG) and rotate it (already only 2%) the font on the image becomes blurred / pixelated / wavy. It's not the display performance, I have set it to high quality. How can I change/avoid that?

TOPICS
Bug , Import and export , Publish online

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why are you doing that? Export a PDF if you need a section of an InDesign page and place that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've also tried that but it happens the same.. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Where are you seeing this? Do you have high quality preview enabled?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In the InDesign program as well as when I export the file. Yes, the high quality preview is enabled. 
We've designed a magazine and now we want to create a "banner" with the titlepage (similar to the picture) below. That's why I created a PDF / Image with only the title page and put it in another InDesign File.. It's the same font etc. as the last time but now the font is getting blurred when I rotate the image.. 
Is there any better way to create such a picture?
Thank you for your help!

NinaKunzKADI_0-1621255656623.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Was the text "live" in the PDF?

Whenever you rotate rasterized content (pixels, which is what a PNG is made of) you are going to get stair-stepping on what were true horizontal and vertical lines, and sloped lines will change their previous stepping. The lower the resolution of your image, the more apparent this is going to be. Even vector content is likely to appear fuzzy on screen when rotated as it needs to be converted to pixels on the screen.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 18, 2022 Mar 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I had the same problem and ended up putting my picture of the cover of my whitepaper in Word. Then I chose the tilted frame option. Then I used the snipping tool (Press Windows logo key + Shift + S) and pasted it into Paint. Then I saved it as a jpg in Paint. Then I placed the jpg into InDesign and it worked perfectly. Hope that all makes sense! I'm glad I found this workaround.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines