• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Font issues in Indesign 17.2

Community Beginner ,
Apr 04, 2022 Apr 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After updating from Indesign 16.4.1 to 17.2 I have a disturbing issue: Indesign cannot see the fonts I am using for the company anymore (MetaOT-Book.otf)
This happens with every Indesign document. Have tried everything (restart, new installation fonts etc.), but so far the only solutions is to go back to version 16.4.1.
Can someone please help or has anyone experienced the same? Thanks

TOPICS
Bug

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Expert , Apr 25, 2022 Apr 25, 2022

A new version 17.2.1 should fix the problems, it is reported. It's now being rolled out across regions. It should reach everyone by the end of this week.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee , May 09, 2022 May 09, 2022

Hi All,

We appreciate your patience. The issue is fixed with the latest InDesign version (17.2.1). Please update InDesign to the latest version and see if that helps. 

If you still experience the issue on the 17.2.1 version, then please try resetting the preferences. It will fix the issue.

Let us know if you need further assistance. We'd be happy to help.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have exactly the same issue with 17.2. The only solution was to go back to 16.4. Sice I ruled out everything else, it seems to be an InDesign bug. Patch required.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here, only managed to fix it by installing the previous version and restartin g the system, hope this gets patched / figured out soon!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's a bug in 17.2. Some have had success rolling back to 17.1. I rolled back to 17.01.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

please comment and vote for fixing the bug at InDesign UserVoice:

installed font missing InDesign 17.2 macOS 12.3 (Monterey) and macOS Catalina
Tom Moulaert, Mar 29, 2022
https://indesign.uservoice.com/forums/601180-adobe-indesign-bugs/suggestions/44970238-installed-font...

Regards,
Uwe Laubender

( ACP )

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Done. Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 05, 2022 Apr 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Hatenboer-Water @EdwardCPI @Guillaume22584432m7c1 @Andreas23855108xxbn,

We are sorry for the trouble. We are able to replicate the issue at our end with multiple fonts on v17.2 & in some instances, on v17.1 as well. We have logged a bug a with the product team last week, and they are currently investigating the issue on a priority.

I would request you to upvote this UserVoice (https://indesign.uservoice.com/forums/601180-adobe-indesign-bugs/suggestions/44970238-installed-font...) if not done already. By doing this, you will keep on getting updates related to this issue.

Also, if possible, please share the download link to the fonts which are not showing up in Indesign here or via DM with me.

In the meantime, you may install the older version of Indesign v17.0.1 or earlier until this issue gets fixed.

Regards,

Anshul Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 22, 2022 Apr 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Having same issue on Windows 10 and 17.2 InDesign ... fonts work in Illustrator but not in InDesign. I use these fonts regularly so super weird they aren't working. Also FYI using FontBase

https://www.dafont.com/kiona-2.font

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/typography/font-list/javanese-text

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Apr 22, 2022 Apr 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's a bug in InDesign 17.2. Roll back to 17.01 and the fonts will work as expected.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 25, 2022 Apr 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same Problem with the Font Family Unit Slab (OT) from Linotype. With 17.2 the Font can't be found neither if its activated in the Mac Font Manager nor in Suitcase Fusion (22.0.4). It works in InDesign 17.1.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 25, 2022 Apr 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A new version 17.2.1 should fix the problems, it is reported. It's now being rolled out across regions. It should reach everyone by the end of this week.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 29, 2022 Apr 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Steve, unfortunately my problem isn't solved with the new version... I downloaded a font from creativemarket.com and InDesign isn't able to show it to me. PS, AI and XD do... 😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Andreas and MRZL,

when on InDesign 17.2.1 first backup your InDesign preferences Version 17.0 and cache Version 17.0 folders when InDesign is not running, then trash both Version 17.0 folders, restart your machine and try again.

Where to find both Version 17.0 folders in your file system:

https://helpx.adobe.com/indesign/kb/indesign-preferences-support-file-locations.html

Regards,
Uwe Laubender

( ACP )

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately the problem continues with v17.21 (on Windows 10 Pro). InDesign has gotten increasing worse in its font management. 
A case in point: A document using Adobe Agenda. The font is on in the system; it shows as active in Creative Cloud. Yet an InDesign document that uses 4 faces of that font says the font is missing. So I close the document, close InDesign. I reopen the document and suddenly InDesign can find the font. This happens repeatedly with a variety of fonts: InDesign can't locate an active font until it is closed down and re-opened. And sometimes the attempt to "find font" when the document is being packaged (notification that fonts are missing and from there "find font") will cause InDesign to simply crash.
InDesign didn't use to have this problem, but all of the latest updates have only made the issue worse. It simply can't handle loading fonts on the fly anymore--it's gone back to the old days when you really did have to have fonts loaded before launching InDesign, and even that is sometimes unsuccessful.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 30, 2022 Apr 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"A case in point: A document using Adobe Agenda. The font is on in the system; it shows as active in Creative Cloud. Yet an InDesign document that uses 4 faces of that font says the font is missing."

That is bad.

Currently I can see no font issues with my German InDesign 17.2.1 on my Windows 10 machine.

But I must say that I did a fresh install of InDesign 17.2.1 while hiding all preference and cache Version 17.0 folders from all of my installed InDesign versions from the installer. I did a new setup of InDesign menus and workspaces for 17.2.1.

So maybe it will help if you uninstall InDesign 17.2.1, backup and remove all preferences and cache Version xx.0 folders of all your installed versions of InDesign. Restart your machine. Install again and try out InDesign 17.2.1 again.

Hope, this helps…

Regards,
Uwe Laubender

( ACP )

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 09, 2022 May 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just updated to 17.2.1: it still does not recognize my fonts! (original bought font Meto OT).
When is this going to be fixed?!?!?!?!? We're paying a lot of money for correct software, but this is ludicrous...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Hatenboer-Water,

does it help if you trash preferences and caches?

How to find the appropriate Version 17.0 folders in your system:

https://helpx.adobe.com/indesign/kb/indesign-preferences-support-file-locations.html

Before:

Make sure InDesign is not running.

Make a backup of the Version 17.0 folders.

Regards,
Uwe Laubender

( ACP )

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All,

We appreciate your patience. The issue is fixed with the latest InDesign version (17.2.1). Please update InDesign to the latest version and see if that helps. 

If you still experience the issue on the 17.2.1 version, then please try resetting the preferences. It will fix the issue.

Let us know if you need further assistance. We'd be happy to help.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 10, 2022 May 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately it still doesn't work... I deinstalled InDesign with all the preferences and reinstalled it, but the font is not found... it appears in Photoshop, XD and Illustrator... 

And on the path

/Benutzer/[Benutzername]/Library/Preferences/Adobe InDesign

I already deleted an older version. It still doesn't run....

The path

/Benutzer/[Benutzername]/Library/Caches/Adobe InDesign/Version [#]

is not on my MacBook.

So apparently there are still errors in this version...

Greetings!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hallo MRZL,

der Pfad zum Cache auf MacOS sollte dieser sein:

Benutzer > [Benutzername] > Library > Caches > Adobe > InDesign > Version17.0

Vielleicht ist der bei Dir unsichtbar?

Kann's im Moment leider nicht nachprüfen, da ich zur Zeit mit Windows 10 auf dem PC arbeite.

Gruß,
Uwe Laubender

( ACP )

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hallo Uwe!

Das mit dem unsichbaren Ordner war DER Hinweis!!!

Habe ihn sichbar gemacht, Version 17.0 gelöscht und nun erscheint die Schrift in InDesign.

VIELEN DANK!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Super.

Danke für's Feedback. Also können wir festhalten:

Manchmal braucht's nach der Installation von 17.2.1 auch das Löschen des Caches, um das Problem mit den Schriften in Griff zu bekommen. Das Löschen der Voreinstellungen (Preferences) reicht dann nicht aus.

Gruß,
Uwe Laubender

( ACP )

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This doesnt work for me have deleted the cache & prefferences. Un-installed then Re-installed still not working.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 11, 2022 May 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi CreaSean,

We are sorry to hear you are still experiencing the font issue in InDesign. Would you mind confirming if you've tried all the steps suggested above? If yes, could you please confirm if you're experiencing the font issue only in InDesign or other Adobe apps as well?

Is it a specific font or all the fonts?

We will try our best to investigate further.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines