• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Font Issues with 16.1

New Here ,
Apr 29, 2021 Apr 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there a known issue with fonts in 16.1? Two Macs on Big Sur and one Windows computer at our office are having TONS of issues with fonts randomly activating and deactivating in Suitcase. On Windows, when looking at the find and replace dialog box, it shows Oswald Regular. When you click on "Reveal in Explorer" it highlight Oswald ExtraLight. Oswald Regular is in the same folder, right next to the ExtraLight font. InDesign even shows the correct font in the document until the file is exported or processed through XMPie uProduce.

TOPICS
Bug , Import and export , Print , Type

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi bnorwood,

when you are in View > Normal and Overprint Preview off, do you see the texts rendered ok, no font substitution, but highlighted in pink? Such as in this sample:

INDD-2021-StrangeBehavior-OTF-Provided-DocumentFontsFolder.PNG

Regards,
Uwe Laubender

( ACP )

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Most looked fine but a couple of times they would be highlighted. The biggest concern was the Oswald Regular font showing in InDesign, but "Reveal in Explorer" showed it as Oswald ExtraLight.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did the pink highlighted ones rendered ok on the page?

Just like the text in my screenshot where InDesign recognized the font somehow as an appropriate one. In my example a OTF file was made available through a Document fonts folder instead of the originally used TTF font with the same specs.

The best thing with my example

PDF Export flagged it as missing but InDesign's Preflight did not detect a missing font.

And if I exported the page to PDF and dismissed the missing font warning, nevertheless the font was included ok with the exported PDF.

Regards,
Uwe Laubender

( ACP )

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 07, 2021 May 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think it was an issue with multiple fonts being installed/ in the font folder and interfering with each other, like you said. I haven't had any issues in the last few days but I'll be keeping an eye on it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 07, 2021 May 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

font folder - document folder

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines