• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Font loading that are not part of Adobe fonts

New Here ,
May 21, 2023 May 21, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How do I load my older quaility fonts to AIdesign. They are not on Adobe fonts but I still want to use them.?

Thanks. No option on saving to PDF either!

TOPICS
Type

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Install them to your Mac/Windows fonts. Job done, unless they are type 1 fonts, and your nightmare is just starting. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You install the on your OS as you would have any other fonts you use in other applications. Be aware, however, that InDesign no longer supports the use of Type 1 Postscript fonts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Peter. I will try this. Regards

<personal info removed by moderator>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 22, 2023 May 22, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I just want to make sure that you understand what the other replies have meant by a Type 1 font. These are fonts that at one time were the standard fonts used for desktop publishing. The fonts did not operate cross-platform between Windows and Mac which made it difficult to share documents between the two platforms. These fonts can be recognized by the fact that each font requires two files: a screen (bitmap) font and a printer (vector) font. As of this past January these fonts are no longer even recognized by Adobe programs. If these are the older fonts that you are referring to then you will have to replace them with Open Type or True Type fonts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines