• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Font problem Indesign/suitcase fusion

New Here ,
Nov 24, 2021 Nov 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I was wondering if someone could help me with a fontproblem. In Indesign the font is loaded, there's no message of missing fonts. However the caracters are pushed togheter, not readable anymore. When I open the document, Indesign shows no message of missing fonts, everything is oke, but the font is not readable. Is there someone who has a simmular experience? We use suitcase fusion as font program.

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does it happen with all fonts? On all documents?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, no it is just one font. I received a document with different font styles in it. There's one font Helvetica Neue LT CE 47 Light Condensed where the problem is. The style is loaded, but the font compressed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you check the paragraph styles and character styles to have a look to the tracking values or the justification settings?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you please tell me what the tracking values or justification settings means? I'm Dutch, can't find in Indesign what you are explaining.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can find this in the paragraph style options. Tracking (“approche” in French on my screenshot)

Capture d’écran 2021-11-24 à 16.27.42.jpg

I put a -100 value, and see the result

Capture d’écran 2021-11-24 à 16.36.50.jpg

Or check the “optimum interlettrage” value. Maybe someone has set it with a very strong negative value

Capture d’écran 2021-11-24 à 16.28.02.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanx for you answer, Approche is 10 in my document, Interlettrage is 0.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you share the file? Or a single page with the problematic text frame?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have to ask permission for that. If I can, I will let you know. For now, thanks for your help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

At least, post a screenshot of the problematic text.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 01, 2021 Dec 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think the problem is an other than the document I was working in... I have more font problems on my computer. The screenshot I will post shows an exec file, however the same file is shown as a regular font on the computer of my collegue.

Schermafbeelding 2021-12-01 om 10.39.41.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 01, 2021 Dec 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This file does not seem to be recognized as a font file, and furthermore, its name shows that it is not relative to Helvetica Neue. By the way, the font used in your first screenshot is a serif font, so it is not Helvetica Neue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines