Fonts in artwork imported from other apps not rendering

New Here ,
Sep 22, 2022 Sep 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have some artwork which I created in Illustrator that contains a font. When imported into Indesign, the lettering cahnegs to a default font. This has never happened before. I know I can create outlines of the font to resolve it but I need to regularly change the wording so this is not something I want to do.

Can anyone help?

TOPICS
Performance , Type

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wie hast du diese .ai Datei abgespeichert? Alle Haken drin beim Speichern-Dialog? (kompatibles PDF Format usw.)

Hast du versucht diese Datei als Pdf zu speichern und dieses dann in ID zu importieren? Auch hier achte auf die Optionen beim Speichern des Pdfs...

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
  1. What font is it? Not every font allows embedding. TTF often don't allow embedding.
  2. Can you save the file as PDF/X-4? If it is so, place this file into InDesign.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines