• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Fonts not loading in Indesign

New Here ,
Apr 27, 2022 Apr 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I'm having an issue I hope someone can help me with. I've got some trial .otf fonts, which I am using for a design project, and which load/ work on my 2019 macbook pro. As that macbook is being repaired at the moment I'm using my old macbook pro 2015. Most things are working fine on this, but the main fonts - .otf file type - won't show up in Indesign on this computer. But they are loaded and activated in both font book and Suitcase Fusion - so the problem is indesign not the fonts I think.

Does anyone know how to get them working?

Thanks,
Lucy

TOPICS
Bug , Performance , Print , Type

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What version of InDesign are you using? There is a bug in 17.2 which causes random font problems. The fix for the last few weeks has been to roll back to 17.01, but now a bug-fix version has been released, 17.2.1 which purports to fix the problem, so you could try that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there, I'm having the exact same issue, a font that I bought and that I both have in .otf and .ttf and nothing works. It works on other softwares like Word or Photoshop even but not in InDesign. I tried to unistall the font many times but nothing changes. I just updated InDesign with the new version but it still doesn't work..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Looks like you will have to roll back to InDesign 17.01. The font problem is a known bug, and the newly-released 17.2.1 was supposed to fix it, but apparently it hasn't. A number of people on the bug report thread are coming back and saying it is not fixed. See here:

https://indesign.uservoice.com/forums/601180-adobe-indesign-bugs/suggestions/44970238-installed-font...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I've tried the solution of going back to the 17.01 version of InDesign and it works! thanks for the tip ! have a good day !

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines