• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Fonts not syncing when Relinking .ai file into Indesign

New Here ,
Oct 14, 2022 Oct 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Fonts are not syncing when I relink a .ai file into Indesign. Not only does the font not transfer, but the text is also not the same. How do I resolve this?

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please provide more information for us to help you:

Please tell us what operating system (exactly) you're running. Please tell us (exactly) what InDesign version you're using. What font is being used in Illustrator?

Please provide a screen capture (choose Insert Photo in the Community editor window) to show how the font is being changed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using Windows 11. Using Adobe Cloud Suite with latest updates. Font I am using is Cinque Donne Bold, available in Adobe Fonts. First image is what I created in Illustrator, second is how it appears when I relink it to Indesign. I know I can create outlines of font, but I'd like to avoid having to do that. My previous laptop did not have this issue. Thanks!Untitled-1.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do me a favor, in the InDesign file choose Type > Find/Change Fonts. Click the More Info button.

If you see a warning symbol like in the picture below, click on that font to select it and display information about the font. Make a screen capture of the dialog box.

Screen Shot 2022-10-14 at 7.50.20 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 15, 2022 Oct 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If the font is embeded in the AI/PDF file, InDesign does not need the fonts of the linked file. You must not open the linked file if its assets (fonts and links) are not available.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines