• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Fonts turning pink in tutorial document

New Here ,
Nov 27, 2022 Nov 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is my first time posting here. I am brand new to InDesign and trying to work through the tutorial content.  Im new to InDesign, but Im not a rookie where computers are concerned.  I was an Apple Sr. Advisor for several years, so I understand how font installation and management is supposed to work.  I just cant solve this issue; Im stumped.  I am on a Mac running MacOS 13.0.1.

I am on the lesson for Add/Transform Graphics, and opened the tutorial file, Transform_graphics.indd, and when it opens, the entire file is highlighted pink for missing font.  I did Font>Find/Replace Font, and it says Roboto(OTF) Bold and Regular are both missing.  However, these fonts are activated in the Adobe Cloud under Manage Fonts, and they show up in other applications such as Keynote, pages etc.  I have deactivated and reactivated the fonts, closed and reopened InDesign, and tried to get the font to be recognized in the tutorial document, but it remains pink and saying that the fonts are missing.  What am I missing?  

TOPICS
Bug , How to , Type

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Nov 27, 2022 Nov 27, 2022

I am quite sure it is because the version of Roboto which is used in the tutorial you have downloaded is the OTF version and that the activated Adobe cloud version is a TTF version. The name and the design are the same, but these are technically different fonts.

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Forgot to mention that I am using version 18.0 of InDesign.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am quite sure it is because the version of Roboto which is used in the tutorial you have downloaded is the OTF version and that the activated Adobe cloud version is a TTF version. The name and the design are the same, but these are technically different fonts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 28, 2022 Nov 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@jmlevy said: "… Adobe cloud version is a TTF version …".

Hi @jmlevy ,

don't think so. There is a version from Google Fonts one can download that comes as *.ttf.

The one from Adobe Fonts is in OTF. My guess is that the TTF version is installed and the OTF version of Adobe Fonts is missing.

So @sdstren , check what exactly is installed in your system. Just add a new document, type some text and format it with the Roboto styles that are available; go to Type > Find/Replace Font, select the Roboto style that the new document is currently using by hitting the More Info button. The entry with Path should show if it is an installed file or if you are using the activated flavor from Adobe Fonts.

Find-Replace Fonts Panel.png

Regards,
Uwe Laubender
( Adobe Community Expert )

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Laubender I understand what you mean but if the Adobe Cloud version is activated as the OP states, it should not be dispalyed as missing… Maybe a font cache problem? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You need to update the related styles to clear the font settings. This should not be necessary if the fonts are actually available, but sometimes small issues cause 'sticky' problems like this, especially with tutorial and template documents.

Click in each pink paragraph, and either right-click on the style name in the list and click "Redefine Style" or click the "Clear Overrides" icon at the bottom of the Styles pane:

JamesGiffordNitroPress_0-1669572883695.png

...and work towards the day when you don't need template documents any more. 🙂

╟ Word & InDesign to Kindle & EPUB: a Guide to Pro Results (Amazon) ╢

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi @sdstren,

Hope you're doing well!

We would like to follow up on your issue. Are you able to resolve the issue by following our expert advice? Please feel free to update the discussion if you need further assistance from us.

We would be happy to help.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines