• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Footnote import problem in Indesign 2021

Contributor ,
Mar 19, 2021 Mar 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having issues with the footnote feature in Indesign 16.1. When I import a .docx file, Indesign does not pay attention to my footnote specifications. In particular, it ignores the settings about what to put after the footnote number. In this case I want to add a period followed by a tab, so I put that in the footnote options. But Indesign ignores it and  just puts a space. Since this document has 3075 footnotes, hand fixing them is not an option. If I flow the same  .docx  file into  Indesign 15.1.3, it behaves correctly. I have used exactly the same process and file for importing into Indesign 15 and 16

Similarly, if I save the .docx file to .doc, it also behaves correctly. (Though if I then save the .doc file back to  .docx, it doesn't work any more.) I have tried this with multiple word files and multiple Indesign files, always with the same result.

Is this a bug? I have tried deleting caches but it does not help.

TOPICS
Bug , Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 16, 2021 Apr 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

FWIW: This thread is a duplicate of the linked thread below and therefore should be locked.

The issue is resolved. See:

Footnote problem
Gopa C, Mar 16, 2021

https://community.adobe.com/t5/indesign/footnote-problem/m-p/11903280#M418492

For all lurkers: Turned out the issue was a bug with the installed plug-in WordsFlow.

However, EM Software, the makers of WordsFlow delivered a bug fix over night.

Regards,
Uwe Laubender

( ACP )

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines