• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Footnote numbering for Persian and Arabic ePubs

Explorer ,
Aug 18, 2022 Aug 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is a significant undertaking when one needs to convert an Arabic/Persian (RTL languages) book into an ePUB. In addition, the software capabilities diminish as the number of readers decreases. The InDesign Development Team has done a decent job making the InDesign 2022, version 17.3 (Eng/AR), work well. However, there is still a lot to accomplish in non-native languages to be processed.

One major issue with InDesign is that the only option for footnotes is using Latin numbers (1,2,3,...). When a book is written in Arabic/Persian, the same kind of numbers are needed (۱، ۲، ۳،...). When creating a print version of the book, the numbers are shown correctly as the font used has the numbers. However, all footnotes are numbered in Latin when the Arabic/Persian text is converted to an ePub. I had to change more than 400 numbers for footnotes in a book with three hundred pages. Is there any way that Development Team can add an option for footnotes to use Persian/Arabic numerals? (Feature Request)

TOPICS
Bug , EPUB , Feature request , How to , Type

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Aug 19, 2022 Aug 19, 2022

Hi @foaad61 ,

Thanks for reaching out and sharing the feedback. Let me assure you, I'll share your feedback with the team and you can do that too by either voting for an existing request or posting a new request here https://indesign.uservoice.com/forums/601021-adobe-indesign-feature-requests

This is the best way of sharing feedback with the Engineering team.

Regards

Rishabh

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 19, 2022 Aug 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @foaad61 ,

Thanks for reaching out and sharing the feedback. Let me assure you, I'll share your feedback with the team and you can do that too by either voting for an existing request or posting a new request here https://indesign.uservoice.com/forums/601021-adobe-indesign-feature-requests

This is the best way of sharing feedback with the Engineering team.

Regards

Rishabh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 19, 2022 Aug 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you for your response. I have posted it to InDesign users (https://bit.ly/3CgRtT0).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines