• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

For school > Creating epub with chapter from every student

New Here ,
Jan 14, 2023 Jan 14, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there. As a teacher in Crossmedia, I just started to learn creating an epub in IND.
So far so good, but.... I tried to test some things first.
I made 4 chapters as 4 separate IND-docs and brought them together in a BOOK.
When I make an epub of this book, I can't make the links work between the 4 individual IND-docs.
Can someone tell me how to link two (or more) IND-docs with the interactive tools? Do I have to use buttons? Or.... ????

TOPICS
EPUB

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately, you're not going to get links between different InDesign documents, even if you do compile them as an InDesign book. InDesign still sees them as separate, discrete documents and doesn't have the provisions to provide links between them, per se.

However, all is not lost in your quest to "link" your students' InDesign documents. You can use cross-references to tie different InDesign documents compiled into an InDesign book. You can learn more about creating cross-references for your InDesign book through this link.

Hope this helps,

Randy

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 17, 2023 Jan 17, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your reply.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Randy's right: in general, links within InDesign won't work across different component documents. The Book feature offers some alternatives but I'm not completely sure how easy it would be to get, say, cross-references to work, either.

One solution would be to combine all the material in one document, even just a temporary one to allow integrated export. Another (which would need some advanced skills and goes against my principles of doing surgery on exported EPUBs) would be to manually correct the links after export.

But I'd start with the simple version. Combine the INDD files, either by cut and paste or by placing them all in a group document. That might work without any further hassle.

â•Ÿ Word & InDesign to Kindle & EPUB: a Guide to Pro Results (Amazon) â•¢

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 17, 2023 Jan 17, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines