• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Formatting changes when simply duplicating a text box

New Here ,
Jan 23, 2023 Jan 23, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not sure if anybody has had an issue with this - I've never experienced it before - but when I simply duplicate a text box, the formatting changes in the dupicated box. I've attached a screen grab - the text box on the right is a straight duplicate and as you can see the text is sitting lower in the box and overhanging the margin line.

The same thing also happens to this one and one other text box on the page even if I duplicate the spread or copy them from on page to another. 

It seems like a bug as I can't even locate what kind of formatting would do this?

The odd thing is that this is only happening on my iMac at home - there are no issues with the very same InDesign file on my iMac at work or on my MacBook Pro - same system software, same version of InDesign.

I've even removed an re-installed InDesign and deleted my preferences and still the same issue.
It's really frustrating and rather worrying, as it's part of the artworking of a large architectural monograph and it's put some rather worrying doubts in mind!
Screenshot 2023-01-23 at 16.17.45.png

TOPICS
Bug , Print , Type

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jan 23, 2023 Jan 23, 2023

This sort of thing is often related to using different versions of a font that have the same name, such as from Google and Adobe.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This sort of thing is often related to using different versions of a font that have the same name, such as from Google and Adobe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Peter, I sensed it may be a font issue! I've checked and I have a few versions of the font on this particular computer, so hopefully that resolves it...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It was a font issue - all sorted! Thanks again Peter!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines